Try this paper dolls2 project as a way to expand your possibilities. Here, two different
figures are connected. This project require scissors so adult supervision is recommended.
Paper Dolls2 Instructions
- Take a piece of paper (8.5" x 11") and cut it lengthwise.
- Fold it into quarters accordian (pleated) style.
- Draw two half figures on the top layer. In this example, half a man is on the left and half a woman is on the right.
Be sure that the man and woman are connected in the middle of the sheet. You can draw your own figure or use the templates below.
- Cut the figures out and unfold. You will get a chain of two different paper dolls holding hands.
To have more paper dolls in your chain, use a larger sheet of paper and fold more pleats before cutting. Alternatively, use more than one sheet of paper and connect the figures with tape.
You can decorate the figures with eyes, nose, mouth, hair, and clothes. You can make a variation with two girls holding hands with each girl wearing a different dress.
To use the paper dolls templates below:
1. Hover your mouse over the figures.
2. Right click your mouse and "copy".
3. Paste the figures into a text editor like Microsoft Word.
4. Print and cut out the figure that you like and use it as
a template for making your own paper-dolls.
Other Kid Friendly Kirigami Projects