Learn how to make a quilling rose. This project is not easy and will take a few tries before you can perfect it. But it's worth the effort because this delicate little rose is sure to please!
Quilling Rose Instructions
- Start with a strip of paper that is is ⅜" wide and 8" long. Insert the end of the paper into a slotted quilling tool so that the tail of the paper extends towards the right.
Roll the paper 2 or 3 rounds around the tool.
- Fold the paper 90° downwards so that it is parallel to the quilling tool.
- Continue to roll the strip of paper onto the quilling tool. Scroll the paper tightly around the base of the tool but allow the top flare open.
- Once the folded edge (made in step 2) has been rolled onto the tool, the paper should be perpendicular to the tool again. Fold the paper 90° downwards again.
- Continue to roll the folded paper onto the quilling tool. Keep the base tightly wound and allow the top to flare open.
- Repeat fold-and-roll until you have no more paper left.
- Remove the rose off the quilling tool and place it face down on the table. Allow the rolls to relax and re-adjust themselves.
- If necessary, arrange the folds until you have a nice rose. Glue the loose end onto the bottom of the rose. And you're done.