Making a chain of paper dolls is a classic paper craft that every child should do. It's fun, easy, and may become a tradition in your family. This project require scissors so adult supervision is recommended.|
Paper Dolls Instructions
- Take a piece of paper (8.5" x 11") and cut it lengthwise.
- Fold it into quarters accordian (pleated) style.
- Draw a figure of a person on the top layer. Be sure that the arms extend beyond the edge of the folded sheet. You can draw your own figure or use the templates below.
- Cut the figure out and unfold. You will get a chain of dolls holding hands.
To have more dolls in your chain, use a larger sheet of paper and fold more pleats before cutting. Alternatively, use more than one sheet of paper and connect the figures with tape.
You can decorate the figures with eyes, nose, mouth, hair, and clothes. You can make variations such as paper figures that
- wear dresses (women),
- look like teddy bears, or
- like ginger bread men.
To use the templates below:
1. Hover your mouse over the figures.
2. Right click your mouse and "copy".
3. Paste the figures into a text editor like Microsoft Word.
4. Print and cut out the figure you like and use as a template for
making your own dolls.