Learn to make an easy origami pelican that takes less than 10 steps:
- Start with a square sheet of paper. Fold in half on the diagonal. Unfold.
- Fold the left and right edges of the paper to meet the central crease made in step 1. This makes a kite shape.
- Repeat the process: fold the left and right edges to meet the central crease. This makes a skinny kite shape.
- Fold the model in half so the sharp point meets the corner on the opposite side (align the red dots).
- Fold the sharp point back again beyond the edge of the model. This protruding portion will be the beak of the pelican.
- Fold the model in half vertically (valley fold to create left and right side of swan). Rotate quarter turn.
- Gently pull the neck and head of the pelican away from the body.
- Reverse fold the tail up and tuck it between the body of the pelican. Valley fold the wing a little and you're done!