Easy Origami Leaf
This easy origami leaf starts with a triangle and requires glue.
It is one of the easiest ways to make a leaf and it looks beautiful.
- Take a square sheet of paper and cut it in half to form a triangle.
- Valley fold the triangle in half and unfold.
- Pleat the triangle accordion style. The number of pleats you can make will depend on the size of your paper. Generally, the more pleats you make, the better the leaf will look. See below.
- Stack and press the pleats together tightly. The paper will be flat and narrow. One side will look like a checkerboard (4a) while the other side will be a solid color (4b).
- Apply a little glue along the solid color side. Fold the stack of pleats in half using the crease made in step 2. Bring the left and right halves together. Hold the halves together until the glue dries.
- Flare open the pleats to form a beautiful leaf.
If you don't want to use glue, Martin van Gelder makes a similar origami leaf which does not require glue (starts with a square).
|Three easy origami-leaves made from the same size paper: with 4 pleats, 8 pleats, and 16 pleats. |