Instructions for Kirigami Flower
Hints and Tips
- Fold a piece of paper in half by bringing the bottom half towards the top.
- Fold in half again by bringing the right side towards the left side.
- Fold in half again by bringing the left side towards the right side. It will look like a triangle with the bottom layers extending beyond the top layers.
- Cut the folded paper into the shape of one petal. It will look like an ice cream cone.
- Unfold this paper and you will get a beautiful flower.
Experiment by cutting off the tip of the ice cream cone. Or, try cutting slivers of paper off the edges of the petal. How does your flower grow?
- Be extra careful when children use scissors. Paper flowers are beautiful and sometimes children become careless in their enthusiasm. As well, folded paper is thick and can be tricky to cut.
- Cutting will be easier if you use thin paper. Check out these origami paper packs