- Place a square piece of paper so that it is like a diamond. Fold in half left to right and unfold.
- Fold the top-right edge towards the center midline. Repeat on left side. This gives you a kite shape.
- Again, fold the top-right edge towards the center midline. Repeat on left side. This makes the kite-shape skinny and tapered.
- Turn the model over. Fold the top point so it meets the bottom point (connect red dots).
- Fold the top point back up about a quarter of the way (join the red dots). This segment will become the head of the turkey.
- Fold the model in half (fold behind so that the head and neck is visible).
- Pull out the neck and the head to form the turkey body.
- Fold the tip of the head down to form the wattle (flap of skin under the neck). The turkey body is done.
- Prepare the body for the fanned tail: fold the back part of the turkey upon itself.
- Cut a small slit about half and inch long.
- Unfold the back side of the turkey.
- To prepare the tail, get another piece of paper.
- Pleat it accordian style.
- Stack the pleats tightly and insert it into the slit made in step 10.
- Fan open the pleated tail. Use a piece of tape to keep the tail together and upright. Done!