Chopstick Wrapper Heart
Learn to fold a chopstick wrapper into an origami heart. This paper heart can be given as an impromptu gift, or can be used as a chopstick stand. It's a great way to spend your time while you wait for your Chinese/Japanese/Vietnamese food to arrive.
- Rip open and remove the chopstick out of its sleeve.
Valley fold one end of the wrapper forming a triangular flap.
- Valley fold along the vertical edge of the triangular flap thereby wrapping it over itself.
- Valley fold along the diagonal edge of the triangular flap again.
- Repeat: valley fold along the vertical edge of the triangular flap.
- Continue folding in this fashion...
- most of the wrapper has been folded up...
- and there is only a short section of wrapper left.
- Rip off some of the left-over wrapper so the left-over portion is about half the width of the triangular flap.
Valley fold the top corner down.
- Valley fold the left-over section and tuck it under an existing layer of paper.
- Use your thumbnail to push down the wide edge of the triangle. Push down at the midpoint to form a dent.
- Fold down the corner to make a rounded heart shape.
When you are patiently waiting for your food to arrive, entertain yourself with origami. You can make:
a stand in 7 steps,
a bird in 10 steps,
or a heart in 12 steps.
Not bad for a disposable chopstick sleeve.
---> more chopstick wrapper folds
---> free origami diagrams
---> go to Home Page
---> go to Site Map