Candy Cane Diagram
- Begin with a square piece of paper that is colored on one side and white on the other side. Place the white side facing up.
- Fold the paper in half to form a triangle except offset the paper a little so there is a white border about ¼ inch all around.
- Turn the paper over so that you only see the colored side.
- Fold the base of the triangle up a little (about ¼ inch). You will immediately notice that the tips of the triangle begin to have a colored-white-colored striation.
- Fold the base of the triangle up again and again.
- Repeat until the entire triangle has been folded into a striped stick.
Depending on the type of paper you use, you may or may not need a small piece of tape to secure the paper so it doesn't unravel.
- To make the stick into a candy cane, fold a 90 degree angle about a third of the way down.
It will look like the letter "L". If necessary, use a small piece of tape to keep the shape.
- Fold the tip of the letter "L" up to form a hook. If necessary, use a small piece of tape to keep the shape.
If you do not want to use tape, you can place the origami candy cane under a stack of books to help it keep its shape.
- Rotate and you have an origami candy cane!