Woven Valentine Paper Basket
- Start with two pieces of paper of contrasting color. Fold the paper in half.
- Cut out a round-top rectangle as shown. Be sure that the bottom of the rectangle is where the paper is folded.
- Place the red piece on top of the white sheet. Arrange them perpendicular to one another as shown. Use a pencil and softly mark the width of the red piece onto the white piece. Repeat with the white piece over top the red piece.
- Cut the paper in half along the dotted line. Cut up to and a little beyond the pencil mark.
- Weave the round-top rectangles together:
Repeat with the remaining red strip. Remember to weave so as to keep the checker-board pattern. When finished, you will be able to open the weaved heart into a cone-shaped basket.
- Unfold the red piece a little
- weave the white strip in between the red layers of paper
- unfold the white strip a little
- weave the red strip in between the white strip. This gives an alternating red and white pattern.
- Add a string or paper handle and you've got yourself a Woven Valentine Paper Basket!
see 3 x 3 Basket
see more basket patterns
go to kids Valentine's Crafts
go to school appropriate projects
browse Site Map
Like Us on Facebook