Weaved Valentine Paper 2 x 2 Basket
- Start with two pieces of paper of contrasting color. Fold the paper in half.
- Cut out a round-top rectangle as shown. Be sure that the bottom of the rectangle is where the paper is folded.
- Place the red piece on top of the white sheet. Arrange them perpendicular to one another as shown. Use a pencil and softly mark the width of the red piece onto the white piece. Repeat with the white piece over top the red piece.
- Cut the paper in half along the dotted line. Cut up to and a little beyond the pencil mark.
- Weave the round-top rectangles together:
- Unfold the red piece a little
- weave the white strip in between the red layers of paper
- unfold the white strip a little
- weave the red strip in between the white strip. This gives an alternating red and white pattern.
Repeat with the remaining red strip. Remember to weave so as to keep the checker-board pattern. When finished, you will be able to open the weaved heart into a cone-shaped basket.
- Add a string or paper handle and you've got yourself a Weaved Valentine Paper Basket!
see 3 x 3 Basket
see more basket patterns
go to kids Valentine's Crafts
go to school appropriate projects
browse Site Map